We have many volunteer roles for you to choose from, so no matter how much time you can spare, or where you are based; there will be something that suits you. By giving a bit of your time, you can change the life of people living with dementia in a positive way which can be extremely rewarding.
Through our activities, our aim is to support people living with dementia and their families to reduce loneliness, build confidence and provide information. That is why we developed activity groups and Dementia Café.
We also have a befriending service called Side by Side. The service aims to pair a volunteer with someone in the early stage of dementia to do some fun activities they both enjoy; such as painting, fishing, going for a walk, going to the cinema and lots more.
You could assist at one of our groups, become a volunteer, a fundraiser, an ambassador or being a Side by Side volunteer.
Want to learn more about dementia? Want to develop your skills or some new ones? Want to meet new people? Come and join us!!
We are looking for someone that:
- Is friendly and has compassion
- Wants to help people with dementia stay active
- Is passionate about supporting people with dementia to improve their quality of life
- Know about, or are willing to learn about dementia and it impacts on people
- Have good verbal communication and listening skills, especially face to face
- Is happy to volunteer remotely, yet understand you are part of a team
- Recognise the importance of confidentiality and show this in practice
- Is prepared to undergo an induction into the role and attend necessary training and similar learning activities to help in the role
- Is keen to provide a high standard of service
- Has satisfactory literacy skills
- Has the ability to volunteer within service boundaries
- Is comfortable to follow policies, procedures and guidance
- Is committed to inclusion, treating people from all backgrounds with dignity"