Association of Blind Asians (ABA)
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
We are currently looking for volunteer driver to assist visually impaired service users. The purpose of the role is to be an available driver for pickups and drop offs.
ABA runs a number of groups weekly along with some one off events. As you may know our service users are visually impaired and need assistance/transport to some of our groups and events. A volunteer driver will be extremely useful at this time and would allow more opportunities and easier access for our service users to attend various support sessions.
- Training provided
- Mileage/expenses paid
- Volunteer will use own vehicle and will be reimbursed at the HMRC
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a full, valid driving
license and that your car is correctly insured, with an up to date MOT
- 2 References required
- DBS check required
Main Office: 53-55 Harehills Avenue, Leeds, LS8 4EX.
Driving Locations: Various Areas of Leeds.
Language Skills,Managing People,Negotiating,Organising & Planning
- Ability to communicate effectively with service users and professionals
- Ability to understand and demonstrate commitment to organisation’s
policies and procedures Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all levels specially when
dealing with service users
- Ability to participate as part of the team
- Caring, empathetic, understanding and approachable
• Access to training
• Courses for personal development
• Enhance new skills
• Experience in support/social work
• Contribution to your local community
• Build communication skills
• Learn to use your own initiative
• Develop decision making skills
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: