Simply Connect Solutions Ltd ("we/"us"/"our") is incorporated with company number 11321193 and our registered address is The Circle, 33 Rockingham Lane, Sheffield, S1 4FW, South Yorkshire, England. We are the Data Processor.
We own and manage the Volunteer Connect platform and run the Volunteer Connect Service and host your data further to the use of this service by Volunteer Centres.
Your personal data will be given to us via this Site either because you have been in to a Volunteer Centre and they have put your data onto this Site or you have been introduced to this Site via a Volunteer Centre's website.Data Controller
Simply Connect Solutions is the data processor, Company Number 11321193. As explained above we provide this Site and process your personal data solely as instructed by the Data Controller. So if you have any queries about how we process your personal data please contact the Data Controller as set out above. If you have any queries about how this Site is operated please contact Groundwork London.The role of the Data Processor
We will process your personal data as authorised by the Data Controller to provide you with the agreed service, as further described below in the section "The Service We Provide". If authorised by the Volunteer Centre and with your prior consent we may from time to time also contact you directly to inform you of changes in the service we are providing to you, notify you of new features or new services.What type of data do we collect?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from the data. We will process your personal data in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the "GDPR") ("Legislation").When you register to use our service we will collect your:
- Date of birth
- House number and Street
- Employment status
- How you heard about us
- Skills, interests and activities
- Personal profile
- To set up and administer your Volunteer Connect account;
- Generate communications appropriate to your experience and interests;
- Share your personal information with voluntary organisations as directed by you;
- Customise and improve the service we provide;
- Moderate use of the Site;
- If you agree, we will include your details in the Volunteer Brokerage Platform;
- If you agree, to receive communications from the Volunteer Centre;
- If you agree, we will include you in the Volunteer Bank and you will be directly contactable by organisations.
- We will occasionally contact you via phone-call, text or email to maintain measure, and improve the service. These communications may use trusted third-party software and/or mediums. Your statistics will be used to help us improve the service and report back to our funders. We will not use the information for any other purpose such as marketing or the selling of products/services and we will never include references to a particular individual.
- To maintain measure, and improve the service, we use your information to compile quarterly statistical data, but this will never include references to a particular individual. We report this data back. This will also include contacting you quarterly and annually with our feedback survey via email or by preferred contact as stated.
- We may use different mediums to access your data for portability purposes such as mobile phones, laptops and tablets or other devices. All mediums will be properly safeguarding with security pin codes/passwords
- We may store your data within countries outside the UK, however, these will only be ones which have signed a privacy agreement which meets these standards.
When you "Register your interest" in a role we will forward the following details on to the relevant organisation who is advertising the role you have expressed an interest in.
- First half of your postcode
- Skills, interests and activities
- Personal profile
It is only after you have selected the option to "Confirm interest in a role", that the organisation will have access to your email address.
We then hold your data on the system until you deactivate your account, to allow you to apply for another opportunity without having to complete a new registration form
You can ask us to remove your data from our system at any time by contacting usVolunteer Bank Consent
If you have chosen to be in our Volunteer Bank, this means you have agreed to be contacted by other organisations.
Please note that neither we nor the Volunteer Centre check the privacy policies of those other organisations. This is your responsibility.Third Parties
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other organisations you deal with or the processing arrangements of the Data Controller. Please review their privacy policies before you "register your interest".Why we ask for your Date of Birth
- Not all volunteering opportunities are open to all age groups (e.g. some are specifically for young people or older people and many organisations cannot involve volunteers under the age of 16 etc) so it helps our partners place volunteers in appropriate opportunities;
- The Data Controller needs to monitor use of its services to ensure that they are involving all sections of their community in order to demonstrate this to funders.
Age discrimination laws do not currently apply to volunteering opportunities.Organisations that Advertise Opportunities
Organisations that register with Volunteer Connect have to agree to the terms and conditions to use this service. Please see the Organisations Terms of Service.Data Controller ceases to provide the volunteering service
If this volunteering service transfers to another provider, we have the right to transfer your personal data further to our legitimate interest.Cookies Policy
Please contact your data controller to exercise your rights in relation to Data Protection 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Our contact details are set out below.
- Right of AccessAccess to your personal data.
- Right to ErasureThe right to have all our records which contain references to your personal data deleted.
- Right to Data Portability On request we will provide your personal data to you, in a CSV format.
- Right to be Informed How your data is processed is explained in this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions please contact us.
- Right to Rectification To have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us.
- Right to Restrict Processing To limit the ways in which we use your data please contact us.
- Right to ObjectYou have the right to object to processing which is based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling).
- Rights related to Automated Profiling You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing.
Any queries regarding your account or if you wish to make a complaint about the service we provide please contact 0300 3659900 or email@example.com . Every effort will be made to resolve your issue.Complaints Procedure
If you have any further questions about the way we are handling your information, then in the first instance you should raise this with us. We will take any concerns seriously and work with you to try to resolve it. To raise a concern or complaint with us you should contact:
Groundwork London’s Data Protection: Email: GWLondon.GDPR@groundwork.org.uk Write to : 18 – 21 Morley Street, London, SE1 7QZ Call : 020 7922 1230
If you still have concerns about how your data is being handled you can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or visit ico.org.uk.
© 2019 - Simply Connect Solutions