Emergency Centre Volunteers
The Royal Borough Kingston upon Thames
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Emergency Centre Volunteers will assist with the running of all types of emergency centres and the support given to those evacuated and or affected by the emergency incident.
In Borough or as part of mutual aid to an alternative London Borough or Surrey County Council / district.
For further information please contact the Resilience Planning Manager on 020 8547 5400.
* Be available to attend an emergency centre as and when required, at any
time of the day/night or week.
* Be able to reach any location within Kingston, within one hour of activation
regardless of the time of day, or day of week.
* Have the capability to provide support to those evacuated and or affected
by emergency incidents.
* Have experience of working with the general public
* Be willing to provide support in other boroughs or locations in London for
pan London emergency incidents.
* Ability to volunteer effectively as part of a team
* Ability to communicate with staff and residents effectively
* Ability to build trust and a relationship with evacuees in an Emergency
* Prepared to listen and follow instructions from the Emergency Centre Manager
* An understanding of the Emergency Centre Plan
* Undertaking the registration and departure form process
* Equipment to facilitate the Emergency Centre
* First Aid
* To be able to handle pressure in an emergency
* Being adaptable to work in a range of environments
* To be polite, caring and sensitive to the needs of individuals
* To take responsibility for the welfare of people at the Emergency Centre
Community Work,First Aid
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: