Receptionist and Gallery Assistant
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Lauderdale House is a Grade II* listed heritage house situated in Waterlow Park, Highgate. The House is brought to life as an arts and education centre with a varied creative programme of exhibitions, classical concerts, children’s shows, jazz, family events and classes. We also run an extensive creative educational outreach programme with young people. We are looking for volunteers to be on our Reception desk to welcome visitors to our Galleries, Café and / or events or classes they are attending.
Responsibilities & Tasks could include:
- Setting up and opening the galleries
- Welcoming people when they arrive
- Answering the phone and transferring calls to other members of the team
- Answering a wide range of enquiries (personally and via telephone)
- Encouraging people to find out more about the history of the House (training will be provided!)
- Box office, ticket sales and selling postcards and books
- General administration
Lauderdale House is situated on Highgate Hill. The nearest tube is Archway on the Northern Line. Buses that stop outside of the House include the 143, 210 and 271. The bus announcement system announces the Lauderdale House stop.
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email
- Good communication skills and an enthusiasm for offering a warm and friendly welcome to all visitors to Lauderdale
- A reliable, calm and friendly personality with the ability to use own initiative
- Experience of or willingness to learn how to operate a simple phone system
- Basic computer skills would be useful but not essential
- Able to handle small financial transactions is useful but not essential
- Able and willing to undertake general clerical tasks i.e. filing, mail-outs
- An interest in the arts, heritage and/or education
- Working a friendly and creative atmosphere with people of all ages
- Volunteering in a supportive environment
- A flexible environment
- Two annual volunteer parties
- Travel expenses (within Greater London)
- 20% discount at our café
16-17,18-25,18 and over
Entertainment,Events & Stewarding,Administration,Community Work,General & Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
We welcome all volunteers and have particular skills supporting people with additional needs or disabilities. The House is fully accessible.