Volunteer Centre Camden
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Matching volunteers to volunteering roles is the core service of any volunteer centre. And we are looking for reliable and motivated individuals to be on hand at events, outreach sessions and mostly in VCC's office to:
* Help the people who attend events and outreach sessions and who contact VCC to find out about volunteering opportunities
* Answer questions about volunteering
* Follow-up with clients after they have chosen opportunities to see how they are getting on and if they need any more help
Matchmakers provide information and support to clients, but please note we do not give advice!
This role would ideally suit volunteers who enjoy working face-to-face with clients (or who have an interest and would like to try it out) and who would also like an element of office-based admin. An essential part of the role is follow-up work by telephone and email to find out if clients have started volunteering and if they need more help to do so.
* Helping volunteers to use the database and websites to search for volunteering opportunities
* Answering clients' questions
* Contacting clients for follow-up work to find out if they've started volunteering, and if not what else could we do to help them get into volunteering
* Attending support and supervision, and training sessions
* Database admin
* Answering the telephone
* Setting up/breaking down before and after events and outreach
* Answering volunteering queries sent to VCC's volunteering inbox or by post
* Assisting clients to complete evaluation forms
We are looking for volunteers for all days and times, especially office hours - Monday to Thursday, 9.30-5pm.
Ideally volunteers would be able to make a commitment of about 6 months as there is a lot to take in and learn! This is a chance to find out more.
2 Grafton Yard, , London, NW5 2ND and other sites in Kentish Town.
Bus: 134, 214, 88, 393, 46
Tube: Kentish Town (Northern Line - High Barnet Branch)
Rail: Kentish Town (Thameslink), Kentish Town West (Overground - North London Line)
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Negotiating
No qualifications or experience needed, but you will need to have:
* Good listening skills and a willingness to want to work with people
* Very Good PC skills. Training on how to use our database is provided. We are looking for volunteers who can use word, basic excel, and able to send and receive emails with attachments.
* An ability to remain calm under pressure
* An understanding of confidentiality
* An ability to work as part of a team
* A commitment to equal opportunities
* An ability to use own initiative
VCC provides extensive training for this role.
* Introduction to VCC - What is a volunteer centre? What are our aims and objectives? Who works at VCC and what roles do they have? What services do we offer for volunteers and organisations? Customer service is also part of this session.
* Brokerage: Motivations and Barriers to volunteering, CRB checks, FAQs about volunteering, Boundaries between VCC vols/staff and clients, and How to find the right opportunity for clients and what to do if you can't find one.
* Dealing with Tricky Situations: What do you do when a difficult client accesses our service? Who can you turn to and what steps can you take to diffuse the situation?
* Equal Opportunities: What is equal opps? Why is this important? How does it relate to VCC?
* Communication Skills and Customer Service: Body Language, positive communication, boundaries with clients
You will have the opportunity to support people into volunteering and gain experience in providing information, advice and support.
18 and over,18-25
Events & Stewarding,Administration,Advice, Information & Support,General & Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: