Child Mentor (Camden Based)
The Kids Network
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
The Kids Network is looking for fun, committed and passionate volunteers to make a meaningful impact to the lives of little Londoners. Our flexible year-long mentoring programme supports children aged 8-11 with their social and emotional development during the transitional period between primary and secondary.
As a mentor, you will:
• Facilitate weekly 1:1 sessions of 1-3 hours.
• Build confidence and resilience in your matched child to manage feelings through a series of fun and positive experiences and activities.
• Connect with a community of mentors through peer to peer support.
• Attend large scale community events with your mentee.
• Receive ongoing personal support from The Kids Network Team.
The role will require a free enhanced DBS check and volunteers can claim up to £30 per month for expenses.
61-63 Rochester Place
The role will require you to explore the borough of Camden and the wider areas of London with your mentee!
Art & Craft,Counselling,Managing People,Organising & Planning,Photography
We are looking for people who are passionate about young people and about making a difference.
- Gain experience working with young people and a reference from ourselves.
- Two days of mentor training.
- Receive tailored personal support from TKN staff
- Receive peer-to-peer support from the TKN mentor community.
- Chance to positively impact a child's life.
Youth Work,Music,Sport & Coaching,Support Work,Art & Design,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,Caring,Community Work,General & Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
We stress the importance of having a diverse team of volunteers and so welcome applications from individuals coming from all walks of life.
We also encourage interest from males and from individuals from the BME community.