Queen's Crescent Community Association
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
To be a befriender for isolated, housebound, and disabled older people
· To read, have a chat and a cup of tea, or accompany them on shopping trips
· Visit people in their homes for at least one hour a week
· Carry out only small tasks for person visit e g. accompany on walks or to appointments; preparation
· Complete Visiting Records after each visit.
· Follow the Guidelines and the Emergency Guidelines for Lone Volunteers at all times.
· Meet regularly with the Older People's Services Manager/Volunteer Co-Ordinator for one to one/team meetings
· A commitment of six months
OLDER PEOPLES PROGRAMME - Lunch Club, Befriending Service, Keep Fit, Bingo, Tai Chi, Yoga, Outings, Chair based Exercise, Advice Sessions, Film Club,
45 Ashdown Crescent, London
Directions to your organisation:
Bus 24, 46 (stop near Queen's Crescent)
Tube Camden Town/Chalk Farm
Over ground Kentish Town West, Gospel Oak
Call Mary on 020 7267 6635
· Understanding the role of a befriender/Understanding Safeguarding
· Understand Health and Safety
· Understand the importance of Equal Opportunities Policy
· Ability to keep basic records and be able to work on own initiative and as part of a
· Excellent time management skills
· Must be honest, fair, trustworthy, respectful, patient , understanding and reliable
You will develop your people skills, listening, and learning how to relate well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds. These skills will help if you are looking for a career in health and social care, but they are also beneficial for many other roles. You will also benefit from knowing that you have made a positive difference to the lives of some of the loneliest and most vulnerable members of society.
Support Work,Caring,Community Work
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: