You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
The Volunteer Advocate role is an opportunity for people to volunteer and support our qualified and trained advocates to help people who find it difficult to find and understand information, speak up and get their voice heard when important decisions are being made about their future. Advocates help to empower people so that they have a say and role in shaping their own lives. Our paid advocates support clients on a wide range of complex issues and our volunteer advocates add real life experience and skills to our service and support our advocates to help clients with non complex issues.
Admin,Basic IT skills - internet & email,Reading & Writing
- Be willing to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS formerly CRB) check. All outcomes of DBS Checks will be reviewed against POhWER’s statement for Recruitment of Ex offenders.
- Comply with all relevant POhWER Policies, Procedures and Processes.
- Be eighteen years old or over.
- Live in the local area and/or be willing to travel
- Be available to volunteer a few hours a week, generally Monday to Friday between 9am to5pm (excluding travel)
- Have good communication and listening skills
- Respect and value people as individuals
- Comply with all relevant POhWER policies and procedures, in particular the confidentiality policy
- Have some understanding of health and social care services
- Be willing to commit to personal development
- Be willing to ask for help and support
- Have a reasonable standard of written and oral English
- Computer literacy (there may be exceptions, but it is a strong preference)
- Be able to question and challenge in an assertive but sensitive manner
Administration,Advice, Information & Support,Community Work,IT, Technology & Websites,General & Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
We welcome all to apply