Volunteer IT Tutors
Holborn Community Association
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
We are recruiting people who speak Bengali/Sylheti and English to teach computer classes for women only and to teach men’s classes. These classes will take place at our 1A Arts Centre.
We are looking for volunteers who can:
• Commit to a minimum of 2 hours, once a week
• Contribute to planning the content of the computer classes together with the project leaders
• Attend a training day
• Deliver one or two, 1 and a half hour IT/Computer classes per week – the classes will be delivered in pairs with up to 6 participants.
• Contribute to monitoring the project – keeping registers, facilitating service user feedback and completing volunteer feedback forms.
No teaching experience is required as training will be provided, but the following skills, attitudes and personal qualities will be essential for this role.
• Confident using computers and IT
• A flexible approach
• Patience and a caring nature
• Good communication and listening skills
• Able to treat people with dignity and respect at all times
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Able to maintain boundaries
• Able to work within Holborn Community Association’s policies and procedures, in particular its Health & Safety and Equality and Diversity policies
Volunteers must also be willing and able to attend supervision meetings when required and seek advice and support when needed. Supervision will be provided as flexibly as possible to fit in with volunteers busy lives.
1A Rosebery Avenue
Call or email Hanif Ahmed
Good IT Skills,Language Skills,Organising & Planning
Confident with IT and computers. Teaching experience not necessary as training will be provided.
Patience and a caring nature.
Helping the local Bangladeshi community.
Learning new skills.
Satisfaction from helping people to achieve their goals.
Teaching & Training,Community Work,IT, Technology & Websites
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
We aim to make our services including volunteering inclusive.
For this role we are recruiting Bengali/ Sylheti speakers.