Holborn Community Association
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Are you aged 55 or over and either fluent in Bengali/Sylheti and English or English only? (ability to speak any other community language would be an asset but is not required) We are recruiting volunteers to teach classes for older men and women in basic and intermediate computer skills. These classes will take place at our Millman Street Resource Centre.
We are looking for volunteers who can:
• Commit to a minimum of 2 and a half hours, once a week
• Contribute to planning the content of the computer classes together with the project leaders
• Attend a training day
• Deliver one or two, 2 hour IT/Computer classes per week – the classes for older people will be delivered in pairs with up to 6 participants.
• Contribute to monitoring the project – keeping registers, facilitating service user feedback and completing volunteer feedback forms.
No teaching experience is required as training will be provided, but the following skills, attitudes and personal qualities will be essential for this role.
• Confident using computers and IT
• A flexible approach
• Patience and a caring nature
• Good communication and listening skills
• Able to treat people with dignity and respect at all times
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Able to maintain boundaries
• Able to work within Holborn Community Association’s policies and procedures, in particular its Health & Safety and Equality and Diversity policies
Volunteers must also be willing and able to attend supervision meetings when required and seek advice and support when needed. Supervision will be provided as flexibly as possible to fit in with volunteers busy lives.
Agreed out of pocket expenses will be paid on the day incurred
Millman Street Community Centre
50 Millman Street
Call or email Kate Blackshaw
Good IT Skills
Confident with IT and computers. No teaching experience needed as training will be provided.
Giving back to the community
Working in a friendly environment
Satisfaction of helping older people achieve their goals
Agreed out of pocket expenses paid on the day they are incurred
Learning new skills
Teaching & Training,IT, Technology & Websites
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
We aim to make all our services inclusive and welcoming including our volunteering opportunities.