At our Millman Street Community Centre for older people, we have members who regularly use computers for a variety of purposes, for example; shopping, sending emails, social media, playing games and research. IT Support Volunteers will provide one to one individually tailored support to enable members to get the most out of their computer use and to help when they experience problems with tasks they are trying to complete. We are looking for volunteers aged 55 or over who can:
• Commit to a minimum of 2 hours, once a week
• Attend a training day
• Contribute to monitoring the project – keeping registers and records of sessions, facilitating service user feedback and completing volunteer feedback forms
No teaching experience is required as training will be provided, but the following skills, attitudes and personal qualities will be essential for this role.
• Confident using computers and IT
• A flexible approach
• Patience and a caring nature
• Good communication and listening skills
• Able to treat people with dignity and respect at all times
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Able to maintain boundaries
• Able to work within Holborn Community Association’s policies and procedures, in particular its Health & Safety and Equality and Diversity policies
Volunteers must also be willing and able to attend supervision meetings when required and seek advice and support when needed. Supervision will be provided as flexibly as possible to fit in with volunteers busy lives.
Agreed out of pocket expenses will be paid on the day incurred