Volunteer School Greeter, Explainer and Lunchtime Support
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Lauderdale House is a historic house which operates as an Arts and Education centre with a varied artistic programme of exhibitions, classical music, poetry, children’s shows, jazz, and classes. Following generous support from the Heritage Lottery Fund and John Lyon’s Charity, we have been able to carry out major works which will ensure our long-term sustainability, introduce new facilities, reinforce our heritage and build new income sources. We need Education and Heritage Volunteers to assist with the creation of a new and exciting Education and Heritage programme, and to launch Lauderdale House as an Arts and Heritage centre in Camden. In return you will gain a valuable insight into how an arts centre/historic house operates, and acquire real experience and skills from the Education and Heritage team.
Waterlow Park, Highgate Hill
Lauderdale House is a 10 minute walk, uphill, from Archway Tube Station.
Buses 143, 210, 271 ( go directly to the House – Waterlow Park stop).
The ideal candidate:
• Is a confident communicator, with excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with the public
• Is able to work independently
• Is interested in the arts and/or heritage
• Is reliable, responsible, good humoured, a problem solver, willing to learn and help out as required
• Has experience of, or interest in, delivering education workshops within a school or arts and heritage environment
• Can represent Lauderdale House with excellent customer service
Responsibilities and tasks will include:
• Welcoming school groups to Lauderdale House
• Giving information to school groups on the facilities available in the building
• Supervising groups whilst they are in the Galleries
• Monitoring the educational booking schedule
• Maintaining regular contact with the Heritage Education Officer
We are looking for volunteers of all ages who are looking to acquire new skills and experience as well as those who simply enjoy the opportunity to give something back to the community in a friendly and creative atmosphere. This is an opportunity to gain experience working with school groups. We like to work with people to agree programmes of work for each individual to ensure that everyone finds what they are looking for.
16-17,18 and over,18-25
Teaching & Training,Youth Work,Art & Design,Community Work
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: