Elfrida Rathbone Camden
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Inclusion Works supports young people (16-25) with mild to moderate learning disabilities to find work, volunteering and work experience opportunities. The project co-ordinator will arrange placements in different settings such as shops, cafés, garden centre, office or other community venues. We are looking for volunteers who like working with young people to offer a minimum of a half-day a week to supporting a young person during their volunteering, work placement or journey into employment.
Experience of learning disabilities and/or education would be an advantage but is not essential.
You will gain experience working in a small and friendly team in a rewarding role which encourages young people with learning disabilities to gain confidence and learn new skills.
1. Escorting a young person to and from their placement at a local business on a weekly basis including promotion of travel awareness and safety.
2. Provide one-to-one support to young person during their time at work by helping them to complete simple tasks as required by the placement agreement and it could include unpacking stock and pricing goods in a shop; cleaning out animal pens in a cat shelter; cleaning tables in a café or watering plants in a garden centre.
3. Be friendly, patient and empathetic.
4. To supervise young people and ensure safety and encourage professional conduct at work.
5. To assist project co-ordinator with monitoring and tracing of young persons’ progress at work.
6. To be vigilant of any safeguarding or health and safety risks or issues to be reported immediately to the project coordinator
1. To follow all other Elfrida Rathbone Camden policies and procedures including those relating to respect to Confidentiality, Equality and Diversity, and Health & Safety.
2. To identify and report any safeguarding concerns, and in all work to follow ERC’s Child Protection and Vulnerable Adult policies.
3. To carry out other duties as appropriate and required.
Email or telephone
Basic IT skills - internet & email,Counselling,Managing People,Negotiating,Organising & Planning,Reading & Writing
The roles will be varied depending on the nature of the work each young person is undertaking, so the ability to be flexible and adaptive would be an advantage.
- Free training in Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity and Prevent.
- Free DBS
- Gain skills in support work
- Work for a small and dedicated local charity
- Invitations to social occasions and celebrations with the charity
Teaching & Training,Youth Work,Support Work,Advice, Information & Support,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,Caring,Community Work,General & Helping
We welcome and/or have the resources to support:
Elfrida Rathbone Camden are equal opportunities employers.
Volunteers for this role must be able and confident to support a vulnerable young person one to one safely in the community, this requires a level of maturity and ability to self manage.