Walking Group Volunteers Needed
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
Could you spare a couple of hours each Wednesday afternoon to accompany some of our older clients on a weekly walk around Regents Park?
We are currently seeking 2 or 3 volunteers who are willing to meet a small group of people at Baker Street station, then walk with them for 1 hour around this beautiful park. The aim of this activity is to improve our clients health and well being through socialising and gentle exercise. Part of your role will also be to engage our members in conversation, encourage future participation and report back to our Social Events Coordinator on the number of people attending each week.
Staff will initially support you in your role, after which you will work independently along side another volunteer.
Dates /times confirmed: every Wednesday during May and June, from 1 - 3 p.m. If the activity is successful, it could potentially run throughout the summer and expand to other areas of London.
If you can help, we would love to hear from you.
Baker Street and Regents Park, London
An initial meeting and induction will take place in our office in City Road.
Baker Street station, is served by a number of underground lines and buses. If you need any assistance with directions, please get in touch.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator who will be more than happy to discuss further.
Volunteers will need to have the following skills and characteristics:
- confidence and a cheerful disposition
- good conversational skills
- patience and a non-judgmental attitude
- reliable and committed
- a basic understanding of confidentiality & health and safety
- an ability to attend a meeting at our office in City Road, EC1.
In return for your support we can offer you:
- out of pocket expenses for travel and drinks
- invitations to volunteer social events, including our annual volunteers
summer boat party on the River Thames
- an opportunity to be involved with one of the UK's oldest charities
- a chance to meet new people
- references for paid work or other voluntary jobs
- an opportunity to take part in a rewarding and enjoyable activity.
Support Work,Befriending, Buddying & Mentoring,General & Helping