King's Cross Story Palace
You did not enter a postcode in the search, or the postcode for this role is unknown.
About the Project
King’s Cross Story Palace is a two year HLF funded project led by Historypin and the Building Exploratory. We aim to create a community-led history of the King’s Cross area over the past 100 years. We’ll do this through a programme of story gathering activities, public events, exhibitions and printed materials.
We are looking for volunteers to help carry out desk-based and archival research on the history and heritage of the King’s Cross area, to enrich personal histories for inclusion in a digital archive. Research Volunteers will work closely with the project’s Content Producer and Public Engagement Officer to help with the inventory of institutional archives and the scanning of archival material.
This role will be across the two partner organisations, the Building Exploratory and Historypin
Please contact: Aimee Taylor, Public Engagement Officer firstname.lastname@example.org 0207 608 0775
Admin,Good IT Skills,Language Skills,Reading & Writing,Research
● Develop and improve research and cataloguing skills
● Learn about archival best practice
● Discover and help celebrate the heritage of a dynamic area of London
● Assist in creating a digital heritage resource
● Carry out archival research to enrich participants’ stories
● Identify photographs and other visual material to support stories
● Write short statements that contextualise stories
● Write captions for visual materials
● Help to maintain and manage personal collections in line with archival practice
● Assist with the scanning of personal collection materials
18-25,18 and over
We welcome and/or have the resources to support: